Monday, June 28, 2010

Destination Germany



On Wednesday I leave for Germany.

I'm going with one other girl named Molly. We just met.
It is through an exchange program at the YMCA in which we will be learning from their YMCA programs and bringing updates back to our locations here.
When I was first presented with this opportunity it remained in the back of my mind because it initially felt random and I did not know many details. Now, as the trip has come to be a reality I am excited for what God is going to do during it. It is a once in a lifetime opportunity and I've really begun to see that this is a perfect time to travel. There are not many seasons of life with this flexibility and availability.
Adding this trip to Germany to my schedule has made it a very full summer. Pastor Dale was not kidding when he said to get your passports ready at the beginning of the year. Luckily I already had mine. I will miss my family, friends, and just being home, but I know this is my assignment for this time. It really worked out perfectly. They shifted the dates of this trip from mid-July. I knew at the beginning of the year that I was not supposed to go to Mexico or the DR for missions. I anticipated seeing what God had for me during that time instead. My Germany trip overlaps the dates for MX and the DR. I was also originally planning on going to barefoot the second week of July. That got moved because of space issues. Three major things God made work together perfectly so that I was free to go to Germany. That was a huge part of when I felt this was a journey I was supposed to embark on.
Here's what we know about the trip. We will be working with the YMCA's in 2 cities. We will be staying with a host family. We will be shown around by other young people who work with the YMCA. We will be helping with their kid's summer camps going on during that time. We will get to go to Berlin at one point!!! I also know I have to stay up all night Tuesday to help with the jet lag. I will be on a plane coming home on my 18th birthday (the 14th).
Many things about this trip will be a surprise to me. It will definitely be a journey to remember. I have great expectations for God to move mightily on this trip. I know He would not have me doing this if it was not in His plan for me. I can't wait to see what He does!
Please pray for me while I am there.
Pray for a divine connection with Molly.
Pray for divine connections with the YMCA staff and everyone we meet.
Pray for safety as we travel.
Pray for favor and grace to use this trip to its fullest.
Pray for God's wisdom and words of insight.
Pray for divine humility and servanthood to be the motivators of everything I do and say.
Thank you all for your prayers and support. i look forward to hopefully being able to keep you posted along the way! Danka!

No comments:

Post a Comment